Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) transfer to ISA awards.
The International Surfing Association (ISA) has a process to recognize your prior coaching experience efficiently and transfer this to an ISA award.
What is RPL?
RPL is a process that acknowledges skills acquired through formal/informal learning and work experience. It assesses evidence of your competency, using a comparison of previous learning, against criteria, to determine if you meet the required standards.
The cost is usually £220 per transfer, although it can be more if the process is long and time-consuming.
A summary of the overall protocol:
- Read the RPL policy
- Fill in the application form, sign code of ethics and details of your proposed RPL evidence.
- We will review this and give you a costing and what evidence we will require to be sent.
- Pay for the transfer. Then send in the documents and evidence as requested. We need copies of the originals (scanned or picture, posted or emailed is fine) for our records and audits.
- I’ll review documents for transferability, let you know if they are acceptable and/or if more evidence is required.
- Once your RPL is accepted, I’ll notify you and the ISA, passing on your application for ISA review.
- The ISA will send the Certificate to you and update the online Coaching & Instructing Register.