We know that for most families Christmas is a special time of year, a chance to get together, relax and enjoy the festivities. We believe there is no better way to do this than to spend your dream Christmas in beautiful Dorset, on the Jurassic Coast.
If you are thinking of taking a break this festive season, and love the idea of spending your dream Christmas in a beautiful holiday cottage, with enough space, and beds for all the family, here is our handy guide on how to achieve a stress-free Christmas, whether it’s in a dog friendly property, a cottage with an open fire or one with a table big enough to feed every man and his dog.
Our top 10 guide to a dream Christmas break in Dorset
1. Wrap your presents before you go
No one wants to be frantically looking for the Sellotape on Christmas Eve.
2. Pack some Christmas games for all the family
Who doesn’t love a traditional family get together over monopoly.
3. Order your food to be delivered
Take out the stress of the supermarket shop and pre-book your food shop delivery – or you could also take advantage of Dorset’s great producers and buy local.
4. Remember to bring a dish to fit your turkey
Avoid a Christmas day disaster and ensure the crown jewel of your Christmas Dinner remains the centrepiece.
5. Make sure to bring wellies and warm winter clothes
Wrap up and walk off that Christmas dinner.
6. Check out the local markets and craft fairs
For those last-minute treats and gifts,
7. Visit Father Christmas (if he’s not too busy)
See the lights or go ice skating and add to that all-encompassing Christmassy feeling.
8. Remember to pack the Christmas stockings
Or there will be coal to pay!
9. Double check there is a Christmas tree at the property
You can do so by calling your property provider before you go..
10. Enjoy dinner and a drink at the local pub on Christmas Eve
Meet the locals and join in with the festivities!
You can view properties with Christmas and New Year availability at http://www.dream-cottages.co.uk/